Saturday, March 26, 2011

What Wattage Radiator

Alvaro Brechner

Gabriel Lerma Photos

Especial / El Nuevo Herald
Hollywood

Very few remember that his first English speaking role was in Big Trouble, that movie starring Tim Allen whose premiere was scheduled for September 21 2001. And although there Sofia Vergara could draw attention playing a fun Mexican maid, the tragedy in New York forced a change of plans. The box office failure of that film when it came to theaters in June next year, not helped the Colombian actress career took off.

Determined not to give up, Vergara continued to bet on Hollywood and looking for his chance. While it was popular among fans of Tyler Perry with her roles in Meet the Browns and Madea Goes to Jail, was with her role as Gloria Delgado-Princhett temperamental in the Modern Family sitcom that managed to take the plunge. Now, with nominations for the Emmy, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award, the native Barranquilla, Colombia, to meet the July 39, has seen how suddenly he opened the doors of big movies. While two of the three films that premiered at what remains of the year lends voice to animated characters, to Odile in The Smurfs smurf and a penguin in Happy Feet 2 in 3D, today all seek it and has too many projects to more films and venture into the theater while enjoying its best in television.

Still, when the powerful cable company Comcast was invited to become the spokesman for his new digital platform Xfinity TV in English, Colombian actress accepted the challenge, determined to prove that even if achieved his dream to conquer Hollywood, has not forgotten his community: "I thought that this was a special proposal, because Comcast is trying to bring you Entertainment in English to its Hispanic customers and is something I can relate to: how Latin lives in this country I love watching TV and movies in my own language, "Vergara said in an exclusive interview.
Vergara, who also has a supporting role in the new film by Garry Marshall, New Year's Eve, which hits theaters in December, says he is not worried about critics of his glory as a stereotype of Hispanic women: "It is true, it is. I do not understand why people are so afraid of stereotypes. Gloria When I play I'm always thinking about my mom and my aunt. The character is a good combination of things that have both. Gloria is loud and voluptuous. And I prefer to describe me well to say that I am quiet, I have no butt and I'm bored. My mother and aunt are typical Colombian women living in the U.S., although as a Modern Family is a comedy, everything is a bit more exaggerated. In any case, I believe that stereotypes can also highlight certain virtues, as in the case of Gloria, have a character can be as fun as charming, "he says. •
Save up to 73% in a El Nuevo Herald subscription.
Click here.
Read more: http://www.elnuevoherald.com/2011/03/24/909256/el-gran-salto-de-sofia-vergara.html # ixzz1Hdx4Nmkn
--------- -------------


0 comments:

Post a Comment